With the real estate market in Phoenix, Arizona is booming, the price of moving is at a high. Many people are cutting down on costs by selling or donating their bigger household items and opting to replace them once they are moved into their new home.
Even after cutting down costs by leaving the big items behind, buying a new home and moving is an expensive journey. Forbes estimates the average cost of a long-distance move to be between $2,200 and $5,700. The consignment industry is at an all-time high, for just this reason. They provide gently used, quality name-brand items at affordable prices to replace the household items left behind after moving.
People are choosing consignment and resale stores over big box companies because consignment shops are able to meet a budget that big box stores do not keep in mind when pricing their items. Why spend a lot of money on a few things at a big box store when you can spend less and get more at a consignment shop?
Phoenix has many different types of consignment and resale shops. Some focus mainly on appliances such as refrigerators, ranges, and washers and dryers. A portion mainly provides furniture such as couches, dinner tables, bed frames, etc while others provide a little bit of everything. From jewelry and antique pieces to armoires and dishwashers, Phoenix has plenty to provide someone on a budget to replace their home furnishings. Whether it’s a few pieces to finish a room or a whole house worth of furniture to arrange, there’s an affordable option over the big box stores.
The Best Consignment Shops in Phoenix For Home Furnishings
We’ve compiled our list of best choices of consignment or secondhand stores to get quality furnishings at a decent price in the Phoenix, AZ area.
1. Arizona Discount Appliance (Two locations)
517 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85012
4100 South 38th Street Suite #120
Phoenix, AZ 85040
321 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85012
3335 North 24th St
Phoenix, AZ 85016
350 East Bell Road
Phoenix, AZ 85022
1415 E Jackson St
Phoenix, AZ 85034
About These Phoenix Consignment Stores
Walking into these stores is like walking into the big box stores. The feeling of fresh, clean, and beautiful items in your price range is a hard one to beat. Any style desired can be found in consignment shops in Phoenix. From Boho to Spanish Colonial, each store has its unique variety of styles to fit your dream.
There are things to keep in mind while consignment shopping to ensure you get the most bang for your buck.
- Check the structural integrity of the product before buying.
- Checking for major problems with the appliance or piece of furniture is very important. You want to make sure the product is quality and that you won’t be wasting your money on something that won’t last the wear and tear of your home.
- Checking for small blemishes or rips and tears may allow you some room to negotiate on price.
- Make sure to measure your spaces and measure what you intend to buy.
- It is very important to write down the measurements and dimensions of your home to ensure you can find the correct pieces to fit in your home.
- Make sure to keep in mind any entryway heights and widths or any other tight spaces you might have to squeeze through to fit your item to ensure it will fit in your home.
Looking To Move To Phoenix?
The wonderful thing about Phoenix is that there are many incredible shopping options. The Gluch Group, Phoenix’s premier real estate agency, is focused on knowing our community so we can better serve you in finding the right place to live. If you are looking to buy in the Phoenix area don’t hesitate to contact our office today. We have access to the most up-to-date listings for Phoenix and throughout Arizona, call to set up a showing today.
Here are some other helpful guides to Phoenix: