The question I’m most often asked by home sellers is, How long will it take to sell my home?
Right now, the answer is about 63 days.
A couple of factors come into play here.
From the day your house lists to the day you sell your house takes about 20 days.
The remaining 40-odd days involve:
- Closing escrow, which takes about 40 days in total…
- The buyer getting a loan…
- Getting a home inspection…
- And other necessary steps that have to happen before selling your house.
Selling Your Home: A Market Update
Of course, the state of the market will also affect how long it takes to sell your home.
Here’s a quick update of how the seller’s market is doing now:
- There are 18, 440 active listings on the market, which is fairly low.
- Interest rates are at 3.875%, indicating there are a lot of buyers on the market.
- There are 71 days of inventory. That means if no more homes were listed, the market would run out of properties in 71 days, or just over 2 months. Typically, the market runs out in 4-5 months.
The final conclusion? The market is super-hot right now. It’s a great time to sell your home!
Click here to view the latest market updates (click on the “Market Updates” tab). Or, give us a call at 480-378-6700 to see how the market is doing at any time. You can also check out our Instagram to see a monthly post on market performance.