How Long Will it Take to Sell My Home?
The question I’m most often asked by home sellers is, How long will it take to sell my home?
Right now, the answer is about 63 days.
A couple of factors come into play here.
From the day your house lists to the day you sell your house takes about 20 days.
The remaining 40-odd days involve:
- Closing escrow, which takes about 40 days in total…
- The buyer getting a loan…
- Getting a home inspection…
- And other necessary steps that have to happen before selling your house.
Selling Your Home: A Market Update
Of course, the state of the market will also affect how long it takes to sell your home.
Here’s a quick update of how the seller’s market is doing now:
- There are 18, 440 active listings on the market, which is fairly low.
- Interest rates are at 3.875%, indicating there are a lot of buyers on the market.
- There are 71 days of inventory. That means if no more homes were listed, the market would run out of properties in 71 days, or just over 2 months. Typically, the market runs out in 4-5 months.
The final conclusion? The market is super-hot right now. It’s a great time to sell your home!
Click here to view the latest market updates (click on the “Market Updates” tab). Or, give us a call at 480-378-6700 to see how the market is doing at any time. You can also check out our Instagram to see a monthly post on market performance.